Super Bowl 52 Trailer Review Series: Avengers: Infinity War

Last night we saw one of the greatest Super Bowls in recent memory, and I feel every year the game is just as good as the one before. Now, while I have PLENTY to say about the game and breakdown that down, this post is strictly for one of my favorite parts of the Big Game: the commercials. But not just the commercials, I wanna talk about the movie trailers that were released last night/this morning (looking at you, Solo.)

So to recap, the main trailers we got was Solo: A Star Wars Story, Avengers: Infinity War, Mission Impossible: Fallout, Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, and Cloverfield. Now, if I'm being honest, I have really no idea about anything involving Mission Impossible or Cloverfield; that being said, I'll be breaking down the other three trailers, plus the new Solo trailer that debuted this morning on Good Morning America. I've already done Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, so let's talk about my most anticipated movie of the year, Avengers: Infinity War.
Image result for infinity war

I actually, didn't expect to see this as I as thinking the next promo for the movie would be right before Black Panther (I still think we'll get the big trailer before Black Panther.) Anyway, this one was only 30 seconds, but it packed a lot into that 30 seconds. Some of the shots were from the original trailer, but we also got some new shots and golly, I am so amped for this movie. So it opens with the Avengers theme song, and the new Marvel logo (which I LOVE by the way.) I also love the first cut we see is Tony Stark (in his IronMan gear), Peter Parker (in what looks an awful lot like Iron-Spider gear), and Dr Strange all together in what looks to be space. Parker looks amazed at how big whatever they're in is, while Strange and Stark have this look of worry on their faces. I think this cut is important because Tony and Peter don't have their masks on so you can see the obvious difference in approach and maturity all over their faces. Next cut is Vision (in human form) and Scarlet Witch; she can see his future and knows something tragic is going to happen, it's all over both of their faces. In the background we hear Tony "so this is it...it's all been leading up to this." After we see the Guardians coming off the Milano, we can see that he's talking to Bruce Banner in what looks to be Strange's residence, possibly after Banner arrived back on Earth? It's also Tony in his same look we saw from the first trailer when he was with Banner and Strange; my guess is that Strange and Wong haven't arrived there yet, but Banner and Stark have and Banner is telling Stark what he saw at the end of Thor: Ragnarok. We then see Thor, Rocket, and a preoccupied Teen Groot aboard a smaller ship in space with Thor and Rocket looking confused and possibly scared, but we don't see what they're looking at. Next cut is Loki and it's clearly from Loki's cut from the first trailer (I've been referencing the first trailer a lot, if you haven't seen it, I'd take a look, it gives much more detail.) And in this cut, we can confirm that Loki is crying, hopefully that doesn't mean his death, but I'd bring the Kleenex just in case, it doesn't look too bright for the Second Son of Asgaard. Next we get one of my favorite cuts. So in the first trailer we get to see Spider-Man hop on that spinning wheel looking thing over New York, well here we get more of that. And Spidey looks like he's struggling to make it stop, but he rips his mask off. My first guess as to why he does that is because in the mask he can get communications from Tony and I'd be willing to be Tony was telling him to get away from that as it looks like it's heading up into space. Peter got tired of taking orders from Tony and wanted to show he belongs in the Avengers (as he tries to in all of Spider-Man: Homecoming.) The next scene says "An Entire Universe," I'm pretty positive this is meaning the 17 films that currently make up the Marvel Cinematic Universe, or MCU. Next we see Bearded Captain America, Blonde Black Widow, and Non-Human Vision all together in what looks a lot like the Avengers HQ, actually, I'm like 99.99% sure it's the Avengers HQ. Interesting point here, Cap isn't wearing anything Captain America related. He's in all black, just like Black Widow, which I would say means we won't be seeing that shield again. The next cut is of Thor with his new eyepatch, looking up to what I presume is either Rocket or Teen Groot asking if they're ready. It looks as if he might be getting ready to make a dangerous exit from the ship they were on earlier in the trailer. The next cut, another one of my favorites, is of Cap and Black Panther looking out on Wakanda. T'Challa is in his royal robes, while Cap is still in all black, but this time he has a new shield, a cooler shield, in my opinion, and Cap says "lets go" which is pretty significant. My guess is that somewhere in Black Panther Cap becomes a lieutenant of sorts and has commanding power over some Wakandan armies. The next cut finishes the statement from earlier, which in it's entirety reads: "An Entire Universe Once and For All." The next cut is of Tony and my thought is that he's in New York. He's got the Iron-Man suit on, but it's very chipped it looks like, and he's yanking off his glasses similar to how he does when he has to make a quick transition from Tony Stark to Iron Man. Next we see Teen Groot looking rathered worried, but there's no telling of what; followed by Nebula who looks ready for a fight on what looks like a destroyed planet or town maybe? We then see the same footage of a huge fight on Wakanda that we saw in the first trailer, followed by some Wakandan soldiers and Black Widow. It looks like there's going to be some explaining to do in the upcoming Black Panther movie about Steve Rogers, Bucky, and Black Widow because what I'm thinking is she may be in charge in this clip. Then we see Bucky, alone, with his machine gun and a new arm looking to be attacking someone. My guess is it's probably not Iron-Man or any of the heroes, which means that the people of Wakanda and Steve were able to actually fix Bucky's mind. Next cut is of Dr Strange using his powers in New York and out of the sky comes Iron-Man using one of his blasters. My guess is that Strange, Hulk, Wong, Tony, and Peter all end up fighting some of Thanos' forces in New York before escaping with Thor and the Guardians or escaping to Wakanda. Either way, they're losing this battle. Then the last scene before the logo is the same from the first trailer with Steve, Bucky, Black Widow, Okoye, Black Panther, Hulk, War Machine, Falcon, and a bunch of Wakandan soldiers going into battle in the forest of Wakanda. We see the release date, then we get one shot of Thanos looking menacing and that's it. Obviously there's much much more to dig into this trailer; however, I'm going to wait until after I see Black Panther before I do my predictions and dive even more into Infinity War. Avengers: Infinity War hits theaters May 5th, 2018.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Panther Official Review: Spoiler Free

Friday Five: Top 5 Walt Disney World Rides

Friday Five: Top 5 Teams I Think Can Win the NCAA Tournament